Having a beautiful smile is essential for most people. However, people with misaligned teeth, gaps, or discoloration are embarrassed to smile or talk in public, leading to low self-esteem. Dental veneers can help you restore a perfect smile. Veneers are thin pieces of porcelain that are custom-made to cover the front surface of teeth, improving their appearance. Over the years, veneers have become increasingly popular due to their effectiveness in fixing cosmetic dental issues. At Custerpoint Dental in Plano, Texas, we proudly offer dental veneers for all our patients!
Types of Dental Veneers
There are two primary dental veneers: porcelain veneers and composite veneers.
Porcelain: Porcelain veneers are created using porcelain material, which is strong, durable, and stain-resistant. Porcelain veneers are considerably more durable than composite veneers, thus making them the more popular of the two.
Composite: Composite veneers, on the other hand, are made from a tooth-colored composite resin material.
Procedure Involved in Getting Dental Veneers
Getting dental veneers requires at least two visits to your dentist.
During the first visit, Dr. Tam or Dr. Chiem will:
- Exam: They will thoroughly examine your teeth, take X-rays, and examine your teeth’ size, shape, and color to determine the type of veneers that will work best for you.
The second appointment entails:
- Teeth Prep: Dr. Tam or Dr. Chiem will prepare the teeth for the veneers by removing some of the enamel and molding your teeth.
- Mold: The mold is then sent to a dental lab where the veneers are custom-made.
- Your New Veneers: Once ready, Dr. Tam or Dr. Chiem will bond the veneers to your teeth using a unique adhesive.
Advantages of Dental Veneers
Dental veneers offer numerous benefits over other cosmetic dental procedures.
- Custom-made: Unlike some cosmetic dentistry options, veneers are custom-made for each patient and blend seamlessly with their natural teeth.
- Quick Results: They offer fast and predictable results in just a few appointments and minimal surgery.
- Strengthen Teeth: Veneers can strengthen weak or chipped teeth, protecting them from further damage.
- Confidence Boost: The most noticeable advantage to getting dental veneers is that they are great at fixing up the appearance of your smile and helping you feel confident!
Caring for Your Veneers
The longevity of your dental veneers largely depends on how well you care for them.
- Oral Hygiene: Brushing your teeth twice daily and flossing once daily, as you would with your regular teeth, is essential.
- Hard Food: It is also critical to avoid biting complex objects such as ice and candy and using your teeth to open bottles or packages.
- Checkups: Regular dental checkups are essential to ensure your veneers are in good condition.
- Avoiding Certain Foods: Lastly, it would help to avoid staining foods and drinks such as coffee, tea, and red wine, as they may discolor your veneers.
Are Veneers the Right Choice for You?
Before getting veneers, you must schedule a consultation with Dr. Tam or Dr. Chiem to determine if they are the right choice for you. Although veneers are an excellent fit for many, the overall health of your smile will fully decide if veneers are in your future. When it comes to dental veneers, you may not be ideal if you have large cavities or gum (periodontal) disease.
Dental Veneers in Plano, TX
Dental veneers are a popular and effective way to brighten and restore your smile. They offer numerous advantages, including improved self-esteem and confidence. It is essential to care for your veneers properly and understand that they are not a one-size-fits-all procedure. Dental veneers are an excellent cosmetic fix for anyone insecure about their smile and looking to be happy again. After all, dental veneers are known to boost the confidence of patients who have received them. So, if you are curious about dental veneers and are considering getting them, please schedule a consultation with us at Custerpoint Dental today!